Monday, July 2, 2007

Methi Paratha

Here's another paratha for RCI Punjabi Cuisine, the Methi Paratha! Methi(Fenugreek) is one sabji I strongly hate.. Its the same with most of the leafy vegetables :( But this is the only way used to eat Methi, in form of parathas.. Hence mom used to regularly make them for breakfasts or tiffins.. Methi paratha differs from other parathas since this does not need any stuffing. In methi parathas that I make, the methi is usually mixed alongwith the dough. Hence its easy to make this since its just the work of rolling it. As methi is directly added to the flour while making dough, the methi is neither cooked nor boiled. Hence, the vitamins (or whatever :D) provided by methi are totally preserved! So here's totally nutritious Methi Paratha for you!

Methi Paratha




Makes:

7-8 Parathas

What you need:

1 bunch Methi(Fenugreek)- picked and finely chopped
2 cups Wheat flour
2-3 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Corriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Ajwain
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tbsp Yoghurt
1 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
Oil

How to proceed:

1)Mix all ingredients and knead to a soft dough
2)Keep aside for 30 mins
3)Divide dough into 7-8 equal sized parts and form round balls
4)Roll each ball to thin parathas
5)Bake using oil/butter
6)Serve hot with Yoghurt or pickles!

9 comments:

Suma Gandlur said...

Wow.You are sending this many entries to RCI.
I love methi and love the color of those parathas.

Anonymous said...

I love parathas and I am poor at making them. Hopefully I will be successful following your recipe. Wish me luck.

Arts said...

Suma,
That shows my love for punjabi food :)

Hima,
these are the easiest ones as there's no jkanjhat of stuffing n all.. try out n lemme know..
btw, u have beatiful orange recpies! :)

Roopa said...

yum aarti wonderful parathas with methi.

DEEPA said...

wow aarti ...your have a row full of RIC recipes ...excellent one ...nice paratha's and bathura's ...

Sharmi said...

you are already busy with your next RCI:)) nice entries.

GV Barve - Gokhale said...

Busy with next RCI...it seems.Rock Rock Rock:)wow...If you don't mind Shall i name your blog as 'RCI queen's blog.:)

Arts said...

Thx Roopa,Deepa n Sharmi :)

Hi GV,
Welcome to my blog :)
For me, Sharmi of Naivedyam is always the RCI QUeen :D

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who passions to taste brand-new things. Currently I'm constructing my personalized solar panels. I'm making it all alone without the aid of my staff. I am using the internet as the only path to acheive this. I discovered a truly brilliant website that explains how to make solar panels and wind generators. The site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure about how accurate the info given there is. If some guys over here who had experience with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the page it would be grand and I'd highly treasure it, cause I truly take an interest in solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys rock.