Boondi Raita is a typical side dish from the Punjabi Cuisine. Milk products are a main part of Punjabi food. Raitas are usually salads in Yoghurt but boondi raita is different due to the addition of Boondi instead of salads! Boondi is a snack made from chickpea flour and can be prepared at home with some efforts! But since it is easily available in Indian stores, the raita becomes easy more easier to prepare.. Boondi raita with paratha is a cool combination for a weekend breakfast.. The boondi is initially soaked in water.. hence the oil from boondi drains off.. And hence the raita becomes even more healthy :) Here goes the recipe of Boondi Raita for RCI Punjabi Cuisine!
1 serving each for 2
What you need:
4-5 tbsp salted Boondi
1 cup Yoghurt
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder/Pepper
½ tsp Cumin Powder
Corriander for garnishing
How to proceed:
1) Soak boondi in water for 5 mins
2) Drain water from boondi and add boondi to yoghurt
3) Add chilli powder, cumin powder and salt to yoghurt and mix well
4) Garnish with corriander and refrigerate for some time
5) Serve chilled with hot paratahas
* Adding a tsp of Chat Masala adds a zest to the raita!