Monday, June 25, 2007

Summing up month long Maharashtrian Cooking!


A month long cooking series for RCI Maharashtrian Cuisine ends today.. My hubby didnt complain about having Maharshtrian food every day for past one month.. He actually loved it and was blessing Nupur every other day! :) When Nupur announced this event, no one would have been as glad as I was.. Starting from 25th May till today, 25th June, I posted 26 well known Maharshtrian recipes, trying to differenciate in various categories and atleast one entry for each category (obviously only vegetarian dishes). I surely cant take a "break" from Maharashtrian food as there are many more recipes to share, but for some time I'll be concentrating on posting dishes from some different cuisines as well..


Here goes a list of all my entries for RCI Maharashtrian Cuisine

Upwaasache Padartha (Fasting Food):
* Sabudana Kheer

Sanache Padartha (Festive Food):
* GulPoli for MakarSankranti
* Puran Poli for Holi
* Ukadiche Modak for Ganesh Chaturti
* Besan Ladoo for Diwali

Nashta (Breakfast):
* Upma

Snacks:
* Vada Pav

Starters:
* Kanda Bhaji

Soup:
* Tomatoche Saar

Chutneys:
* Shengdana Chutney

Salads:
* Kakadichi Koshimbir

Side Dish:
* Waffole/Funke

Breads:
* Bhakri

Sukki Bhaaji (Dry Sabjis):
* Bharli Bhendi
* Batatyachi Bhaaji
* Tomatochi Bhaaji
* Matkichi Usal
* Gavaarchi Bhaaji
* Vangyacha Bharit

Ooli Bhaaji (Wet/Gravy Sabjis):
* Chawlichi Aamti
* Katachi Aamti
* Batata Rassa

Bhaat (Rice):
* Vangi Bhaat

Goad/Mishtanna (Desserts):
* Amrakhand
* Shevai Kheer

Peya (Beverages):
* Mattha

Best Combinations:
* Amrakhand-Puri
* Batatyachi Bhaaji-Puri
* Vangyacha Bharit-Bhakri
* Puran Poli- Kataci Aamti
* Pithla- Bhakri

Easiest Ones:
* Mattha
* Kanda Bhaji
* Koshimbir

Toughest Ones:
* Ukadiche Modak
* Puran Poli


I hope you try these recipes and like them.. Do leave a comment about how you find my recipes.. Your comments encourage me and help me improve my cooking. I hope to to make such a list for other Indian Cuisines as well :)

4 comments:

FH said...

Nice collection in one place.Great job.I am still on vacation,will post on Wednesday:))

Nupur said...

Your blog is going to be such a fantastic resource for delicious Marathi recipes. I love the way you have indicated the easy and difficult ones, so cooks can choose something to try based on their level of experience. Kudos, Aarti! I am so thrilled about the way you took on this event and made it your own!

Unknown said...

Great!!!!!!!!!Hats off to you.Staying in Foreign country n making our kind of food n posting them on net.Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Great!!!!!!!!!Hats off to you.Staying in Foreign country n making our kind of food n posting them on net.Keep it up.